Although significant events that garnish travelers from across the nation have been canceled, airports are still operating as usual.
The Indianapolis Airport Authority told RTV6 it is working to ensure that it's facilities are safe and clean as COVID-19 cases continue to pop up across the globe.
IND says it is taking the following measure to help protect the traveling public at the Indy Airport:
- Terminal Services staff use a multipurpose cleaner, degreaser, and sanitizer to clean and disinfect doorknobs, restroom stall hardware, sinks, urinals, toilets, dispensers, diaper changing stations in public facing restrooms on an hourly basis.
- All sinks, toilets, and urinals in all public-facing restrooms are cleaned and sanitized with Kivac machines daily that use a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the terminal (pre- and post-security). Throughout this public health situation, we’ve added more hand sanitizing stations and will continue to add additional stations in the public areas of the terminal building.
- In locations where travelers congregate, we are conducting extra cleaning, including the Civic Plaza food court seating area, visitor seating area, airline gate seating areas, and Baggage Claim.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be added to the Ground Transportation Center.
- We are continuously analyzing our disinfectant and cleaning products to ensure we’re using the most effective products to help control the spread of the Coronavirus.
The airport recommends passengers check with their airline for specific destinations, waived travel fees and other pertinent information.
Airline Resource Links:
- Air Canada Coronavirus Updates [aircanada.com]
- Alaska Airlines Coronavirus Updates [blog.alaskaair.com]
- American Airlines Coronavirus Updates [news.aa.com]
- Delta Air Lines Coronavirus Updates [news.delta.com]
- Southwest Airlines Coronavirus Updates [southwest.com]
- Spirit Airlines Coronavirus Updates [customersupport.spirit.com]
- United Airlines Coronavirus Updates [united.com]