NOBLE COUNTY — A fourth person in Indiana has now tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Noble County Health Officer Terry Gaff says they were informed Sunday evening by the Indiana State Health Department that a "middle-aged adult" had tested presumptive positive for COVID-19. The adult is currently in quarantine at Parkview Noble Hospital in Kendallville. Their condition is not known at this time.
Gaff said the patient in Noble County had not traveled to Boston, which is where the other two adults in Indiana who tested positive had likely picked up the virus. The Noble County patient had recently traveled to Florida, although they are unsure if that has any connection with the diagnosis at this time.
The Indiana State Department of Health on Monday afternoon confirmed the four presumptive positive tests in Indiana — three adults and one juvenile. The individuals reside in Marion, Hendricks and Noble counties. The Marion and Hendricks county patients are self-isolating. The patient in Noble County is hospitalized.
State health officials said so far 32 individuals have been tested, including three individuals whose tests were sent to the CDC.
The State has upgraded its Emergency Operations Center to a Level 3 to allow for more coordination among state agencies.
The ISDH call center for healthcare workers and members of the public who have concerns about COVID-19 will be staffed 24 hours a day at 317-233-7125. The public, however, is asked to visit the ISDH COVID-19 website or the CDC website, or contact their healthcare provider with questions or to learn the most up-to-date iformation about the outbreak.
Avon Community Schools released information Sunday evening that a child at Hickory Elementary School had a positive test. On Monday, a second child began showing symptoms of a possible coronavirus infection and the school system decided to close for two weeks, until March 20. That will put students through spring break and they will return to school on April 6.