Dark Chocolate Macaroons
Indiana Grown Members
• Endangered Species Chocolate
• Seven Sons Farms
• 3 large egg whites from Seven Sons Farms
• 1/2 C sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
• 4 oz Endangered Species dark chocolate
• 1/3 C sweetened condensed milk
• 3 tablespoons heavy cream
• Preheat oven to 325 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Whisk (by hand or in mixer) egg whites, sugar, salt, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl until combined and soft peaks form.
• Fold in coconut.
• Scoop large tablespoons of coconut mixture onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
• Form into pyramids, then bake until golden brown on edges about 20 to 25 minutes.
• Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
• In a small bowl or saucepan, melt heavy cream and Endangered Species chocolate.
• Dip cooled macaroon into chocolate.
• Place on parchment paper to firm.