INDIANAPOLIS — After a year pretty much devoid of touch and celebration, this may actually be a holiday that can safely be celebrated in its traditional form alongside your Galentine or Valentine.
With friends, family, and partners that may be in your quarantine bubble, Valentine's Day allots a day to show them just how much you appreciate them. Especially during a lengthy time of uncertainty in which you chose them, and they chose you, as bubble mates.
Here are some lovely ideas for your Valentine's Day weekend in the Indianapolis-area:
SoChatti Chocolate: Only recently opened in the Circle City Industrial Complex, fans of the vegan and artisanal chocolate can now book a class or private tour of SoChatti's chocolate tasting room. This is also in addition to its original trademark of packaged chocolate that is able to be melted and hardened multiple times over.
Nestle Inn Cooking Classes: A $90 class learning to make crepes on Feb. 13 or Feb 14 at the Nestle Inn downtown.
White Castle Parking Spot Reservations: White Castle is taking parking spot reservations for Valentine’s Day. Park and eat a socially-distanced car hop style dinner.
A Special Dinner for Two from:
- Harry & Izzy's Northside: The local restaurant is offering a $100 Take-and-Bake Valentine's Day special that includes the St. Elmo shrimp cocktail, protein (filet or NY strip), soup, sides, dessert, a bottle of wine and rose petals. Patrons will need to cook the steak (seasoning included) and warm up the sides to complete the meal.
- Olive Garden: The chain's Valentine’s Dinner for 2 To Go includes the choice of house-made soup or salad, dipping sauce and breadsticks, an entrée portioned for two – Chicken Alfredo or Five Cheese Ziti al Forno – and choice of dessert to share, starting at $36.
- Capital Grille: The restaurant offers a three-course takeout dinner for two that features prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella and field green salad with raspberry vinaigrette. An entrée of filet mignon and lobster tails. The deal includes two sides and a dessert of your choosing. The restaurant's full wine list and Stoli Doli cocktail are available for takeout as well. Orders can be placed online for pickup on Feb. 13 and 14. A price was not initially made available.
- Seasons 52: Seasons 52 is offering a $99 Valentine’s Day dinner for two, featuring a kona-crusted filet mignon, salad, sides, and two complimentary mini indulgence desserts, plus a bottle of wine. Orders are asked to be made online.
- Yard House: Guests can purchase a 64-ounce growler of beer, which comes with a customizable “Beer Mine” Valentine’s tag. Orders can be made online.
- Ruth's Chris: Guests can choose between an in-person special for $140, including a filet and lobster tail, and a curbside pickup for $150, including two filets.
- Chef JJ's: The culinary team will be preparing local dishes made to share Feb. 13 at 6:30 p.m. for $75 each. And on Feb. 14 at 11:30 a.m., start off Valentine’s Day with brunch and brew for $35, which includes non-alcoholic drinks, beer tastings and four medium-plate-style courses.
- Strange Bird: Their COVID-safe dinner pods scream romance in a pandemic era. Locally-owned and offering an exquisite cocktail menu.
Massage Heights: Massage Heights Indy has increased sanitation and social distancing procedures to help protect the health of guests and staff alike. A 60-min couples massage runs approximately $140, and couples can book at any of the three retreat locations at Ironworks, Carmel, and Fishers.
Staycation at Bottleworks Hotel: Pop open the bubbly from a fancy hotel bed and many other indulgences at the new Bottleworks Hotel when purchasing their "Love to Indulge" or "Love & Luxe" packages every Friday and Saturday in February.
Pacers v. Bulls Game: For the sports lovers looking to check out that pod seating at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, here's your chance to make it Valentine's Day on Monday.
Silver in the City's "Give Love Boxes:" The Mass Ave and Carmel gift shop is putting together gift baskets for those loved ones of your choosing. Check them out before they run out.
Jeff Dye at Helium Club: The only true medicine to this past year is laughter. Get you some giggles downtown at the Helium Club this weekend.
Sip + Shop & Food Drive at Carmel City Center: Join the Shops at Carmel City Center on Feb. 13 from 2-5 p.m. for a Valentine’s Day Sip + Shop & Food Drive. Visitors can enjoy shopping with the locally owned merchants shopping special sales and promotions and sipping on white wine and peach lemonade champagne cocktails.
Learn to Fly a Helicopter: If you're looking for an adrenaline rush, this Fishers reservation may need to be made.
Do you have an event that you'd like to have on this list? Email Shakkira Harris at email@example.com.