News and Headlines


CALL 6: Zionsville murder suspect Damoine Wilcoxson involved in at least 3 shootings prior to 2016

CALL 6: Zionsville murder suspect Damoine Wilcoxson involved in at least 3 shootings prior to 2016
Posted at 3:43 PM, Nov 15, 2016

INDIANAPOLIS -- Police have linked Damoine Wilcoxson to a fatal shooting in Zionsville and two shootings at IMPD headquarters – and before that, their records show, he was involved in at least three other shootings dating back to 2012.

Wilcoxson, 21, was arrested last month on multiple charges following a standoff and exchange of gunfire with Indianapolis police at a northeast side apartment complex.

Chief among the charges against Wilcoxson is one count of murder for his alleged role in the September 28 shooting death of Zionsville resident John A. Clements.

Police have also linked Wilcoxson to two shootings at IMPD headquarters, although he has not yet been charged in those cases.

MORE | Elderly man dies after being shot in his driveway in Zionsville | Shots fired into IMPD Northwest District HQ | Shots fired at IMPD North District HQ | Suspect who fired at officers now charged in Zionsville murder, linked to IMPD HQ shootings

New research by Call 6 Investigates has now revealed that Wilcoxson has been involved in at least three other shootings since 2012 – some as a witness, others as a victim.

On Jan. 28, 2012, Wilcoxson was in a residence on the 3600 block of Bunker Hill Drive with several other people when one of them shot himself in the thigh while attempting to place a pistol in his waistband. No one else was injured in the shooting.

Then, on Nov. 29, 2013, Wilcoxson and two other people were shot when a party on the 3400 block of East 34th Street grew out of hand. Wilcoxson was shot multiple times in the legs and had to be rushed to Methodist Hospital.

Finally, on March 5, 2014, Wilcoxson was again shot, this time in the forearm while at the Mills Crossing Apartments. Officers arrived to find Wilcoxson lying face-down in a pool of blood with a bullet wound in his arm. Officers applied a tourniquet to stop the bleeding until medics could arrive.

Wilcoxson wasn't charged in any of those cases.

As of Tuesday, Wilcoxson remained in custody at the Boone County Jail.