INDIANAPOLIS — A total of 23 inmates and 33 Indiana Department of Corrections officers have tested positive at prisons across Indiana, according to the IDOC.
The Indiana Department of Corrections released the latest numbers on Friday, April 10..
According to the IDOC, a total of 33 staff have tested positive for COVID-19 since the pandemic began. The IDOC does not release specific locations or duties of staff members who test positive.
A total of 23 offenders from six different correctional facilities have also tested positive for the virus including:
- 1 inmate at Branchville Correctional Facility
- 1 inmate at Heritage Trail Correctional Facility
- 7 inmates at Indiana Women's Prison
- 9 inmates at Plainfield Correctional Facility
- 1 inmate at Eindburgh Correctional Facility
- 4 inmates at Westville Correctional Facility
There have been no confirmed tests at the other 15 correctional facilities across the state of Indiana.