FISHERS — Fishers residents who want to see a July 4th fireworks show will have to travel out of town to do it—but not far.
The City of Fishers announced Friday that this year's fireworks at Geist has been canceled. COVID-19 and public health concerns were the reasons.
But, neighboring Noblesville and Carmel will still have their shows.
Noblesville fireworks are shot off from Forest Park, following a day of events. In Carmel, the show is downtown, part of CarmelFest.
For those planning their own displays. Fishers listed some safety measures to be aware of:
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire