INDIANAPOLIS -- City of Indianapolis officials, including the mayor and health department director, will announce plans Thursday for a COVID-19 testing initiative.
According to a press release from the office of Mayor Joe Hogsett, the initiative is "aimed at reaching communities disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus."
This announcement will take place via video conference.
Those taking part are:
- Dr. Virginia Caine, Marion County Public Health Department
- Mayor Joe Hogsett, City of Indianapolis
- Pastor Jeffrey Johnson Sr., Eastern Star Church
- President Vop Osili, City-County Council
- Paul Babcock, Office of Public Health and Safety
The news conference will be streamed live by RTV6 at 10 a.m.