INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Public Schools has partnered with Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana to provide Central Indiana students and families with food during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gov. Eric Holcomb announced Thursday afternoon that all Indiana K-12 schools will remain closed until at least May 1 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In light of this, IPS and Gleaners partnered to distribute pre-packaged meals throughout the district.
Meal packages will be delivered to 25 locations throughout Indianapolis by IPS buses. Meal distributions will occur from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays, beginning March 20.
Families will receive one 17-pound box of food that includes a variety of non-perishable items to make nutritional meals.
Distribution sites are as follows:
- Anna Brochhausen School 88, 5801 E. 16th St.
- Arlington Middle School, 4825 N. Arlington Ave.
- Francis Bellamy School 102, 9501 E. 36th Place
- Clarence Farrington School 61, 4326 Patricia St.
- Daniel Webster School 46, 1450 S. Reisner St.
- Ellenberger Park, 5301 E. St Clair St.
- George W. Julian School 57, 5435 E. Washington St.
- John Marshall Middle School, 10101 E. 38th St.
- Jonathan Jennings School 109, 6150 Gateway Drive
- Henry W. Longfellow Medical/STEM School 28, 510 Laurel St.
- Stephen Foster School 67, 653 N. Somerset Ave.
- Tindley Summit Academy (formerly T.C. Steele School 98), 3698 Dubarry Road
- Center for Inquiry School 2, 725 N. New Jersey St.
- Center for Inquiry School 84, 440 E. 57th S.
- Cold Spring School, 3650 Cold Spring Road
- Crispus Attucks High School, 1140 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Ernie Pyle School 90, 3351 W. 18th St.
- Francis W. Parker School 56, 2353 N. Columbia Ave.
- IPS | Butler University Laboratory School 55, 1349 E. 54th St.
- James A. Garfield School 31, 307 Lincoln St.
- Rousseau McClellan School 91, 5111 Evanston Ave.
- Shortridge High School, 3401 N. Meridian St.
- Susan Roll Leach School 68, 2107 N. Riley Ave.
- Edison School of the Arts 47, 777 South White River Pkwy West Drive