INDIANAPOLIS — The 2020 U.S. Census is under way and there are hundreds of temporary jobs with the Census Bureau available in Indiana.
How do you learn more? The Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) is hosting a virtual census job fair from 11 a.m. to noon on Thursday, May 21, and will discuss the roles and responsibilities that go along with various jobs.
Responsibilities mostly involve going door-to-door and collecting census data from local citizens. The Indiana recruiting manager from the U.S Census Bureau will cover the job opportunities in detail, along with how to apply.
The collection of accurate and complete data ensures that the state receives an appropriate share of federally allocated resources.
To protect the health and safety of its workforce and the public, the Census Bureau has taken the following safety measures prior to resuming field operations:
- Secured Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and sanitizer for field and office staff.
- Conducted deep cleaning of office workspaces.
- Developed mandatory COVID-19 training (outlining steps for staying safe while performing field duties).
- Practicing social distancing, including shift work, in offices.
- Maximizing telework, when possible.
Those interested in the job fair but unable to attend live can still register and will receive an email the next day with a recording of the event.
To register, visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3050798827669304336 [lnks.gd]. After registering, a confirmation email will be sent containing information about joining the webinar.