INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Department of Correction has job openings, and there are eight virtual hiring events in August.
There are two types of events: "All IDOC” events and “regional” events where participants can learn about the facilities in certain areas of the state.
Each event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams with an IDOC Recruiter and a representative from the Human Resources Department to answer questions and schedule an interview. The session starts with a 15 minute informational overview followed by a question and answer format.
The regional virtual hiring events, with MS Teams links, are listed below. All times are Eastern Standard.
- North: 3 p.m. Aug 4, https://bit.ly/080420Northern [lnks.gd]
- East Central: 2 p.m. Aug. 6, https://bit.ly/080620ECentral [lnks.gd]
- Central: 2 p.m. Aug. 11, https://bit.ly/081120Central [lnks.gd]
- West Central: 2 p.m. Aug. 13, https://bit.ly/081320WCentral [lnks.gd]
- East Central: 2 p.m. Aug. 18, https://bit.ly/081820ECentral [lnks.gd]
- North: 3 p.m. Aug. 20, https://bit.ly/082020Northern [lnks.gd]
- West Central: 2 p.m. Aug. 27, https://bit.ly/082720WCentral [lnks.gd]
This All IDOC virtual hiring event will have information on all available positions:
- 2 p.m. Aug. 25, https://bit.ly/082520ALLIDOC [lnks.gd]
The Indiana Department of Correction has a variety of openings but the greatest need is for correctional officers and maintenance personnel.
All open positions include health, dental and vision benefits. Once hired, training is paid for and uniforms are provided.