INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana State Police are seeking recruits for the 81st Recruit Academy. The deadline to apply is a little more than a week away.
Individuals who are interested in becoming a trooper are encouraged to check out what a career with ISP has to offer online. The website provides an overview of the application process as well as information on additional career opportunities with the Indiana State Police.
LEARN MORE | Indiana State Police Recruit Academy
Applications must be submitted electronically by 11:59 p.m. EST on Jan. 24, 2021. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
In order to be considered, applicants must meet basic eligiblity requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee (appointment date is Dec. 2, 2021)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or a general equivalency diploma (GED)
State police said the starting salary for an ISP recruit is $1,615.39 bi-weekly during the academy training. At the completion of the academy training, the starting salary is $48,000 a year.