INDIANAPOLIS — A job fair specifically for veterans is coming to Indianapolis next week.
The Indianapolis Veterans Job Fair, a free event for veterans, transitioning military personnel, National Guard and Reserve members and spouses, will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. next Thursday in Lucas Oil Stadium's Exhibit Hall 2. It will feature at least 68 registered exhibitors, including Farmers Insurance, Eli Lilly, Anthem, the Department of Veterans Affairs and Republic Airways, according to the job fair page on recruitmilitary.com.
Attendees will be able to discuss employment, continuing education and business ownership opportunities with the participating companies.
The job fair's web page includes tips for interviewing techniques, resume review and how to craft a 30-second elevator pitch. It also provides the following advice for how to find success at the event:
- Review the exhibitor list and conduct research to help you engage effectively.
- Visit every exhibitor — find the hidden opportunity that might be perfect for you.
- Take a moment to practice your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make eye contact and confidently greet each recruiter with a smile and firm handshake.
- Deliver your elevator pitch and engage in conversation.
- Get the recruiter’s contact information and ask about the best way to follow-up.
- Within 24 hours, follow-up with every company that interests you.
Parking will be available in the South Lot for $5, and the job fair's web page asks people to mention they are attending the RecruitMilitary Job Fair. People who want to attend can register online or at the door.