INDIANAPOLIS — UPS is hiring over 1,500 people for the holiday season at four locations in the Indianapolis-area.
Nationally, UPS expects to hire over 100,000 seasonal employees as they anticipate an increase in package volume to begin in October and continue through January.
“We’re preparing for a record Peak holiday season. The COVID-19 pandemic has made our services more important than ever,” Charlene Thomas, UPS' chief human resources officer, said. “We will hire over 100,000 people for UPS’s traditional seasonal jobs, and anticipate a large number will move into permanent roles after the holidays. At a time when millions of Americans are looking for work, these jobs are an opportunity to start a new career with UPS.”
At the time of this initial report, UPS in Indianapolis is seeking to hire:
- 150 tractor-trailer and package car drivers — starts at $21 to $35 per hour
- 857 package handlers — starts at $14.50 to $19.50 per hour
- 243 driver-helpers — starts at $16.80 per hour
- 301 personal vehicle drivers — starts at $21 to $35 per hour
UPS is hiring at the following Indianapolis locations:
- 700 West 16th Street Indianapolis, IN 46202
- 10095 Bradford Road Plainfield, IN 46168
- 5431 W. 81st St Indianapolis, IN 46268
- 7160 E. 86th St Indianapolis, IN 46250
There are opportunities for seasonal jobs to turn into permanent roles, according to UPS. Over the last three years, about 35% of people hired by UPS for seasonal package handler jobs were later employed in permanent positions after the holidays.
Check out flexible, full- and part-time positions at upsjobs.com to apply.