CARMEL, Ind. -- If you live or work in the Carmel area, your commute could be affected beginning Tuesday morning.
The PGA is bringing its annual BMW Championship to Carmel – meaning a number of roads will be restricted or closed starting Tuesday.
The majority of public parking for the championship will be at 146th Street and Towne Road. Shuttles will be available to take you to Crooked Stick Golf Club, where the championship is being played.
Because of those shuttles, Towne Road will be closed from 146th Street to 141st Street. In addition, 146th Street will be restricted to westbound traffic only from Towne Road east to Ditch Road.
In general, the streets around Crooked Stick will be very busy with vehicle and foot traffic. You can avoid the area altogether by using State Road 32, I-465, U.S. 31 or Michigan Road.
If you happen to be a BMW owner, there's reserved parking for you at 86th Street just west of Meridian Street. On Saturday and Sunday, that parking will move from 86th Street to the Pyramids.
Find info about spectator parking below:
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 – 2300 W. 146th St., Westfield
- Thursday, Sept. 8 – 2500 S. High School Rd., Indianapolis
- Friday, Sept. 9 – 2500 S. High School Rd., Indianapolis
- Saturday, Sept. 10 – 11815 N. Pennsylvania St., Carmel
- Sunday, Sept. 11 – 11815 N. Pennsylvania St., Carmel