Indianapolis News and Headlines


Police ID body found as missing 15-year-old

Posted at 9:17 PM, Feb 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-25 00:32:38-05

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Marion County Coroner's Office identified a body found Monday on the city's east side as 15-year-old Timmee Jackson, one of the teens allegedly killed by an Indianapolis bounty hunter last Christmas Eve. 

PREVIOUS | Bail bondsman accused of killing two teens faces new charges | Bail bondsman accused of murdering two teens pleads not guilty 

Jackson's body was found near 34th and Shadeland Monday night. When detectives responded to the area, they felt it was highly probable the remains belonged to one or both of the teens, according to a press release from IMPD. 

Jackson was identified by fingerprint comparison. According to the release, Jackson's manner of death is homicide, but police are not releasing his cause of death.

Police say a team of searchers from IMPD, the Marion County Crime Lab, the Marion County Coroner's Office, the Indianapolis Fire Department and members from Midwest Search Dogs searched the area, but did not find the body of the other teen. 

Jackson and his 16-year-old friend Satori Dionne Williams were last seen around 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve.

Amber Partlow, Williams' mother, said she began to worry Christmas morning when her son still hadn't returned home. She told police she searched for him throughout her neighborhood, eventually ending up at a home on the 5900 block of 23rd Street, where she knew her son had been having problems with residents.

According to court documents, Kevin Watkins lived at the home and filed a burglary report Dec. 19. Watkins reportedly suspected Williams of the burglary.

Williams' family said they don't think he knew Watkins.

When she arrived at Watkins' home, Partlow said she saw a large amount of blood on the front step, as well as in the grass and on leaves in the yard. She then called police.

An IMPD officer arrived to find blood trailing around the west side of the house. Blood was also found on the back bumper of Watkins' SUV, as well as the rear doors. Watkins told police he didn't know anything about the blood.

The blood reportedly turned into two trails on the west side of the residence. One trail led behind the garage of a vacant property next door. The other went southeast toward a tree line, then met back up with the other trail and ended behind the same garage.

Police executed a search warrant and found even more items covered in blood: a plastic rake with "a large amount of what appeared to be blood in it;" and a yellow dash light along with a large wad of gray duct tape.

Police also found "pieces of what appeared to be brain matter" just off of the sidewalk in front of Watkins' house.

Watkins voluntarily went to IMPD's homicide office, but then asked for an attorney and declined to give a statement.

A further search of Watkins' vehicle turned up "blood in just about every passenger compartment of the vehicle," investigators said. Police also found an outfit matching one described by one of the victim's families saturated in blood. Police said pieces of bone and brain matter were found on the clothing. A fingertip apparently belonging to an "African-American human" was also found.

At the "Watkins Bail Bonds" business owned by Watkins at 6001 Massachusetts Avenue, police reportedly found bloody clothing and a handgun-shaped BB gun inside a dumpster.

Witnesses told police Williams had been carrying a crowbar and BB gun the time they saw him.

Surveillance video obtained by police reportedly captured Watkins' vehicle pulling into the rear of his business around 8:37 p.m. on Christmas Eve. The video shows Watkins hanging a black garment over the fence. A little while later, Watkins removes the garment and drives his vehicle to a nearby shopping center. Around 10:41 p.m., Watkins returned to his business.

Seconds later, police said the camera captured a white Ford Expedition pulling in behind Watkins' blue Chevrolet SUV. A driver steps out of the Ford and appears to shake hands with Watkins. They then separate to their individual vehicles. The second driver is eventually seen carrying something to his Ford, before driving off. Watkins follows shortly thereafter.

Surveillance video from around 3:45 a.m. Christmas morning showed Watkins taking bags from his SUV and putting them in the dumpster, along with a pair of pants. Watkins is shown carrying a shovel at one point, but no shovel was recovered.

Based on their findings, police arrested Watkins on charges of murder for the deaths of Williams and Jackson.

According to court documents, a few days before he allegedly killed Williams and Jackson, Watkins allegedly handcuffed a different teen he thought broke into his home and told them there would "be a bloodbath."

RELATED | Bail bondsman accused of killing two teens faces new charges

Police say they will continue searching for Dionne until he is found. 


Download the new and improved RTV6 app to get the latest news on the go and receive alerts to your phone

Sign up to have the latest news headlines delivered straight to your email inbox