NewsLocal News

Actions

Community steps in to help family after deadly house fire in Frankfort

clothes for frankfort.JPG
Posted at 10:47 PM, Dec 04, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-04 23:28:06-05

FRANKFORT — After a deadly house fire Monday morning in Frankfort, hundreds of people have stepped in to help a Central Indiana family.

On Monday, 8-month-old Deacon James Hunter Mills, was killed in a house fire, according to the Clinton County Coroner's Office.

Fire officials say the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and was started by a portable space heater.

PREVIOUS | Fire that killed Frankfort infant ruled accidental, likely started by space heater

Mark Sanders, the pastor at Frankfort's Faith Family Church, says hundreds of people have stepped in to help the family.

"It came within a few hours," Sanders said. "By Tuesday morning we were having a meeting at 8:30 to shut it down. By Monday night at 8:00 we pretty much already had enough food and clothes from people in the community."

Sanders says they already have all of the items the family needs, but they are still accepting monetary donations on their behalf.

A funeral for Mills will be held on Saturday.