INDIANAPOLIS — Firefighters from two fire departments are battling multiple trailer fires at the former I-70 Mobile Home Park on Indianapolis' southwest side.
According to information from the Wayne Township Fire Department, multiple trailers at the former mobile home park are on fire.
The fire was reported just before 6:30 a.m. Friday.
In addition to Wayne Township, firefighters from the Indianapolis Fire Department is also on scene.
Firefighters said two mobile homes and the roof of a third were all destroyed in the fire.
Residents who once called the park home had to vacate the property last month. No one was inside the burned units.
Wayne Township Fire Division Chief Troy Wymer said the fire is suspicious in nature. There are no suspects. The fire remains under investigation.
- Aug. 22, 2019: Mobile home park residents want answers after they're told they will have to leave
- Aug. 23, 2019: Indianapolis mobile home park repairs blamed for evictions, but are not mandatory
- Aug. 27, 2019: Indianapolis mobile home park residents forced to move out get answers from local attorney
- Sept. 4, 2019: Indianapolis mobile home park residents receive assistance from community
- Oct. 9, 2019: Indiana Attorney General files lawsuit following RTV6 report on I-70 mobile home park
- Oct. 10, 2019: Judge grants temporary restraining order on I-70 mobile home park that was forcing people from homes
- Nov. 11, 2019: I-70 Mobile Home Park residents waiting for answers from court hearing from Indiana AG lawsuit
- Nov. 12, 2019: Agreement reached between Indiana Attorney General and I-70 Mobile Home Park owners
- Nov. 27, 2019: 'Roller coaster ride' continues for I-70 Mobile Home Park residents
- Jan. 16, 2020: I-70 Mobile Home Park residents raise health and safety concerns
- Jan. 21, 2020: Proposed bill could help protect Indiana mobile home park residents
- Jan. 30, 2020: I-70 Mobile Home Park residents being forced from their homes receive payment from AG’s office
- Feb. 21, 2020: Deadline arrives for I-70 Mobile Home Park residents