ANDERSON — Two people are dead and four people are injured after a Pendleton police pursuit ended in a crash in Anderson on Sunday.
According to Anderson Police, officers responded to the fatal crash near the intersection of 19th and Jackson Street. The Pendleton Police Department was in pursuit of a suspect vehicle that continued into Anderson city limits.
Police said the pursuit ended when the suspect struck two vehicles near 19th and Jackson Street.
According to Anderson police, the suspect Brandon Teague was pursued after a Flock camera signaled for suspended license. After beginning the pursuit, the officers involved also learned of warrants against Teague in Grant County for possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon.
With speeds reaching upwards of 100 mph, Teague began to lose police before crashing into a Buick Enclave.
Both passengers in the Enclave, John Lewellen and Karol Lewellen died at the scene.
A third vehicle, carrying six passengers was also involved. Four of those passengers sustained serious injuries.
Teague suffered minor injuries, and is currently in police custody for the following charges.
- Two counts Resisting Law Enforcement Resulting in Death
- Two counts Reckless Homicide
- Three counts Resisting Law Enforcement Resulting in Bodily Injury
- One count Resisting Law Enforcement Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury
- One count Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon