INDIANAPOLIS — A 26-year-old man accused of robbing at least eight stores, restaurants and gas stations on the west side of Indianapolis has been arrested, police said.
Officers with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department responded to a robbery last Thursday at a Dollar General in the 5500 block of West Washington Street.
According to IMPD, officers canvassing the area on Friday found a man who matched the suspect's description and he was arrested after a struggle. Police found a handgun and learned he was on supervised release for a prior, unrelated robbery conviction.
Police said the man confessed to the Dollar Sore robbery and seven other armed business robberies. They included:
- Jan. 17: Jordan's, 5602 W. Washington St.
- Jan. 20: Phillips 66, 6455 W. Washington St.
- Jan. 21: Dollar Tree, 5155 W. Washington St.
- Jan. 23: Duckett's Seafood, 3816 N. High School Road
- Jan. 26: Victory Super Foods, 7460 Rockville Road
- Jan. 25: Family Dollar, 3650 N. High School Road
- Jan. 29: Subway, 7310 Rockville Road
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office will announce formal charges against the man. WRTV does not name suspects who have not been officially charged.
Anyone with information about the robberies should contact the IMPD Homicide/Robbery Office at 317-327-3475 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.