INDIANAPOLIS — A deadly shooting Sunday evening, almost exactly 24 hours after the first one Saturday night, capped off a violent weekend in Indianapolis that left a total of six people dead and five others injured.
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Officers were called to the 1000 block of N. Tuxedo Street just after 9:30 p.m. for a report of a person shot. Arriving officers found an unresponsive male victim who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
That death marked the sixth out of seven shootings that spanned across the city in a roughly 24 hour period.
Saturday, April 6
- 9:30 pm: 1700 block of Bellafontaine Avenue (Victim: Theron Rowley, 31)
- 11:15 pm: 7100 block of Twin Oaks Drive (Victim: Ezekiel Summers, 19)
Sunday, April 7
- 1:10 am: 3600 blcok of Roosevelt Avenue - Man & woman killed, three others injured in shooting at business. (Victims: John Boxley, 76, & Unknown 42-year-old female)
- 2:30 am: Teen shooting walk-in victim at Riley Hospital for Children
- 3:30 am: Teen shooting victim walk-in at St. Francis Hospital
- 3 pm: 3400 block of Franklin Road (Victim: Leandre Lane, 17)
- 9:30 pm: 1000 bock of Tuxedo Street (Victim: Tony Mason, 21)
Anyone with information about any of these shootings should contact IMPD or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.