INDIANAPOLIS -- Let the fun begin!
Here are the hours and dates you can use fireworks as set out by ordinance:
- From 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset from June 28 through July 3
- 10 a.m. to midnight on July 4
- From 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset July 5 through July 9
Under Indiana law, you must be at least 18 years old to buy fireworks and you must have someone who is 18 or older present when fireworks are being set off.
If you violate the fireworks ordinance, here is what you could face:
- $100 fine for the first offense in any 12-month period
- Minimum of $500 for the second offense in any 12-month period
- Up to $2,500 for the third and subsequent offenses in any 12-month period
If someone is setting off fireworks outside the hours outlined in the ordinance, you can call the IMPD non-emergency number at (317) 327-3811.