INDIANAPOLIS — The funeral for IMPD Officer Breann Leath will be held Thursday, April 16 at at IMS.
A private funeral service will be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at 11 a.m. followed by a police-escorted funeral procession in which several dozen vehicles are expected to participate.
The procession following the funeral expected to begin around 12:30 p.m. at IMS and will pass by the IMPD Main headquarters, Marion County Sheriff's Department headquarters and IMPD East District Headquarters before ending at Crown Hill Cemetery Heroes of Public Safety. All can be viewed live on the RTV6 Facebook Page or in the RTV6 App.
Traffic patterns are expected to be slightly impacted on several major thoroughfares for the procession and due to ongoing restrictions related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, any residents viewing the procession for Officer Leath are reminded to follow social distancing guidelines, including not gathering in groups, maintaining a six-foot distance from others, wearing a cloth mask, cleaning hands frequently, and not touching their face when in public. The procession route can be found at the bottom of this article.
FUNERAL PROCESSION ROUTE FOLLOWING IMS CEREMONY
Route from Crown Hill to Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Beginning at approximately 7:00 a.m.
- 38th St. west to Lafayette Rd
- Lafayette Rd south to Tibbs
- Tibbs south to 16th St.
- 16th St .west to IMS Gate 2
Processional Route from Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Crown Hill -
- East on 16th St. to Meridian St.
- South on Meridian St. to Monument Circle.
- ¾ around the Circle to E/B E Market St.
- Eastbound on Monument Circle East Market.
- East on Market St. to Alabama St.
- South on Alabama to Maryland St.
- East on Maryland St. to Washington St.
- East on Washington St. to Shortridge Rd.
- West into the Access road to East District Headquarters.
- Pause at East District Headquarters for the 1042 broadcast.
- Continue around the perimeter of East district exiting onto N. Shadeland Ave.
- North on Shadeland Ave. to I70 westbound.
- I70 westbound to I65 North.
- I65 North to the 29th St. Exit 116.
- East on 29th St. to N. Illinois St.
- North on Illinois St. to W. 34th St.
- West on 34th St. to the entrance of Crown Hill Cemetery Heroes of Public Safety.
In lieu of cards and flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to The Central Indiana Police Foundation, to provide a trust for her young son.
Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting the Central Indiana Police Foundation's website: https://cipf.foundation/officer-leath-fund/.