FISHERS — Summer seems far away here in the frozen month of February, but it's almost time to begin signing up for summer camps.
On Wednesday, Fishers Parks released its summer camp schedule, which includes 32 camps available to children ages 4-14.
Registration for Fishers residents begins at 9 a.m. Monday, while non-residents can sign up starting at 9 a.m. Feb. 15, according to a news release from the city.
Camp themes will range from "Year in a Week" to "Let's Get Messy," and the Indy Eleven will host a soccer camp for kids ages 8-14. Click here for the full schedule.
Fishers Parks also listed this year's COVID-19 camp procedures:
- All camp counselors and campers will be screened daily and have their temperature checked.
- All camp counselors are required to wear a mask for the duration of the camp day.
- All campers are required to wear a mask when safe social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Camp counselors will be responsible for sanitizing surfaces throughout the camp day.
- Camp counselors will lead campers in regular restroom breaks and hand washing, and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the camp day.
- Camp activities and games are designed to be socially distanced when possible. Many activities will take place in an outdoor setting.
Fishers Parks will offer free or reduced camp scholarships for Hamilton Southeastern Schools students who are enrolled in the free or reduced lunch program. Parents and guardians should register their child in person at the Fishers Parks office and provide documentation from HSE Food Services.
Documentation can be acquired from HSE by calling 317-594-4381. Scholarships are limited to one camp week per student.