INDIANAPOLIS — Firefighters say a HazMat situation at an Indy plant has forced a local preschool to relocate students because of the fumes.
Firefighters were called to the scene outside Major Tool at 1458 E. 19th Street for a report of a fire around 8 a.m. They arrived to find a burning barrel filled with chemicals burning at the site.
Zion Church preschool was initially ordered to shelter in place, but the 12 students were later relocated to a new site at 42nd Street and College Avenue.
The Indianapolis Fire Department said the barrel contained epoxy and crews are still working to mitigate the chemical reaction.