INDIANAPOLIS -- A popular west side restaurant reopened Wednesday following a grease fire that closed the business for nearly two months.
The grease fire happened at Noble Roman’s, 7201 W. 10th street, on July 1, causing more than $50,000 in damage.
Owner and manager Kevin Kelley said the fire was caused because their exhaust fan was not working properly.
They’ve spent the past two months cleaning up the restaurant.
The restaurant opened at 10:45 a.m. and workers were ready to serve pizza, breadsticks and other items.
“We just want to thank the Wayne Township fire department for responding so quickly,” said Kelley. “The damage could have been so much worse.”
— Kara Kenney (@KaraKenney6) August 30, 2017
MORE TOP STORIES | State website offers advice to Hoosiers in event of nuclear attack | Best public high schools in Indiana for 2018 | These are the hate groups operating in Indiana | Over 60 eviction notices posted on doors at apartment complex on Indy's east side | PHOTOS: Inside look at the Mass Ave Coke plant