INDIANAPOLIS – Several road construction projects throughout Indianapolis will begin this weekend and continue through next week.
Some roadways are being repaired while others will be newly paved by INDOT. Here are a few road projects to look out for and their detours:
- The south side bridge project set to be complete in November may cause a few delays as crews block lanes on southbound I-65 near I-465 to pour concrete. INDOT expects the project to move to phase two by the end of July or early August.
- The exit ramp to the Indianapolis International Airport on eastbound I-70 on the city’s southwest side will be closed through Monday morning at 6 a.m. Drivers can get off on SR 267 as a detour.
- On the northwest side, the northbound and southbound lanes on I-65, south of 38th street, will close until Monday.
- Northbound lanes of I-465 to the eastbound I-70 interchange will close 9 p.m. Friday and last until 6 a.m. Monday.
- Two lanes will close on I-70 eastbound at I-465. Drivers are recommended to take Shadeland Avenue as a detour.
- A long-term paving project will open only one lane of I-65 northbound and southbound lanes between MLK and 30th street beginning Monday at 9 p.m. The road will remain one lane until 6 a.m. throughout the week.