INDIANAPOLIS -- You may be one of those people who plans to take down your Christmas tree on Dec. 26, or you may procrastinate for a few weeks. Either way, you may be eligible for curbside recycling of your live Christmas tree or you can drop off your live tree to be recycled.
Make sure you take off all the tinsel, decorations, lights and tags off your tree. Also, most drop off locations are for residents of that city or county only.
- Broad Ripple Park, 1610 Broad Ripple Ave., south lot
- Ellenberger Park, 5301 E. St. Clair St., east of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park, 2432 Conservatory Dr, MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Parks, 3110 Moller Rd., near the front entrance
- Krannert Park, 605 S. High School Rd., north parking lot
- Northwestway Park, 5253 W. 62nd St., near the recycling bins
- Perry Park, 451 E. Stop 11 Rd., soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park, 2420 E. Riverside Dr., tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park, 6801 E. 91st St., soccer field parking lot
- Johnson County Fairgrounds, across from Purdue Extension office on grass
- Center Grove High School, near tennis courts and baseball diamond
- Indiana Creek Intermediate School, SW corner near football field
- McCarty Mulch, 100 Bluffdale off of SR 37 (Center Grove Area)
- Shelby County Transfer Station, 1304 N. Michigan Rd.
- City of Shelbyville Street Dept., 605 Hale Rd.
- Sunset Park, 410 River Rd., Shelbyville
- CGS Services, Inc., 2920 E. US 52, Morristown
- Residents inside the Greenfield city limits can have their trees picked up by the street department. Call (317) 477-4380 to schedule a pick up.
- Outside city limits, contact CGS Services, Inc. Call (800) 453-5575 or visit their website
- Tree recycling available through Monday, Jan. 15
- Plainfield Yard Waste Recycling Center, 7020 S. County Rd. 825 East
- Brownsburg Yard Waste Recycling Center, 90 Mardale Dr.
- Carmel - free Christmas tree pickup is available curbside on your regular trash days beginning Jan. 1. Have trees cut in half and laid next to your trash cart
- Fishers - tree recycling available, dawn to dusk, through Feb. 1. Live trees accepted at:
- Brooks School Park (parking lot, gated area)
- Cumberland Park (first parking lot)
- Roy G. Holland Memorial Park (parking lot, gated area)
- Noblesville - curbside collection will run from Tuesday, Dec. 26 through Friday, Jan. 12. Trees must be cut up and placed in your regular trash bin. Collection will be on the same day and locations as trash/recycle collection.
MORE TOP STORIES | Photos: The faces of 2017's homicide victims | Home Tour: This $2.25M Zionsville home redefines class in modern construction | Small plane crash kills 3 people and a dog in Franklin County | Call 6: Customer charged $350 after leaving negative review for Brown County hotel, lawsuit alleges | Kokomo woman killed, toddler injured in crash on US 35 in Cass County
Top Trending Videos