NEW CASTLE — Levi Perry of New Castle isn’t your typical teen, he’s got quite the work ethic!
While Levi was mowing a lawn on Thursday — something he's been doing to earn some extra money for his summer — his new lawnmower caught on fire.
Firefighters with the New Castle Fire Department came to put out the fire, which destroyed the lawnmower. A short time later, they reached out and asked Levi to meet them at Walmart where they surprised him with a new $400 lawnmower so he could keep his summer business going!
"His [Levi's] sister cleans houses and he mows yards. Been at it 5 weeks now. They are not typical teens. I have nothing to give them except work ethic and respect," said Donnie Ray, Levi's father.
Ray took to Facebook to share the incident and to thank the New Castle Fire Department for their generosity.
What an adventure... Levi's mower he just bought just burned completely up. First time he got to use it. I'm sitting...Posted by Donnie Ray on Thursday, May 6, 2021
Thank you New Castle Fire Department! They just bought my son a brand new Mower, to replace the one they had to...Posted by Donnie Ray on Thursday, May 6, 2021