INDIANAPOLIS—One of two men charged in a 2018 shooting incident that left a little Indianapolis girl dead will not stand trial on Monday, as scheduled.
Instead, 30-year-old Brian Palmer is pleading guilty to Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon, and Aggravated Batter. Under the plea deal, a Murder charge was dropped. He will be sentenced in December.
The other suspect in the case, 28-year-old Darrin Banks has already been convicted of Murder and sentenced to 53-years in prison.
This is the case involving one-year-old Malaysia Robson who was struck and killed by a bullet fired from the outside into her north side Indianapolis home in March of last year.
Investigators say Palmer and Banks admitted to firing shots into the house, which they knew was occupied. Police said
a dispute on social media led up to the shooting.
The weekend after Robson was killed, the one-year-old's grandmother helped organize a call for unity in the community and a march to reduce gun violence.
For Robson's grandmother, it was a way to remember her grandchild and push for change so no family ever has to go through the same loss.
"For anyone with kids - go home and love your kids like never before," she said.