INDIANAPOLIS — The Clinton County Sheriff's Office in Michigan has released the identities of the six people who were on a single-engine plane when it crashed while trying to land at an airport near Lansing on Thursday.
According to the FAA registry, the plane is owned by a company out of Greenwood, Indiana and left Indianapolis at 8 a.m. Thursday morning.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) says the Socata TBM 700 plane crashed while approaching the runway at Capital Region International Airport in Lansing, Mich.
Three people were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
They have been identified as:
- Neil Alan Sego, 46, of Trafalgar, Indiana
- John Thomas Lowe, 51, of Greenwood, Indiana
- Timothy Joe Clark, 67, of Franklin, Indiana
Three others that were on the plane when it crashed remain in critical condition at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan.
- Joel Stewart Beavins, 48, of Franklin, Indiana
- Aaron Levi Blackford, 42, of Frankton, Indiana
- Zachariah Eugene Bennett, 27, of Plainfield
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.