INDIANAPOLIS — If you live in Indiana your next driver's license is going to have a completely new look.
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles began rolling out the new licenses at select locations in May.
The new design will include the following features:
- Black and white laser engraved text and image
- Tactile and UV features
- Mini Portrait
- Minor specific vertical card format with under 18 and under 21 wording
- Indiana focused imagery with a race car for Driver’s Licenses and a cardinal indicator for IDs
- Easier to find and read personal information
- More durable card construction for a longer-lasting tamper resistant card
The BMV says the new designs will not impact Real ID status for Hoosiers.
If you already have a Real ID, your new license will have the same verification. If you don't have a Real ID yet, you can apply for one by visiting the Real ID page.
The new designs are expected to be available at all BMV locations across the state by mid-July.