MCCORDSVILLE — A woman died Friday night after a fire at her home, according to McCordsville Police.
The fire happened around 9 p.m. in the 9300 block of North Bayhill Circle.
Police say officers tried to get inside but couldn't due to heavy smoke and flames.
Susan Spangler, 68, was found dead inside the home.
According to a preliminary report from the Hancock County Coroner's Office, Spangler died from thermal and inhalation injuries due to the fire.
No foul play is suspected, but the investigation is ongoing and toxicology reports are pending.
The investigation is being conducted by multiple agencies including the McCordsville Police Department, Vernon Township Fire Department, Hancock County Coroner’s Office and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office.