WRTV's Rafael Sanchez spoke with a Well Being Advocate at Coburn Place to discuss what people can do to help someone trapped in an abusive or violent relationship.
Sam Ryan says to never engage in victim shaming, and to support the person.
Ways that you can support the person are by:
- Believe the person.
- Develop a safety plan or text alert.
- Be aware.
- Learn about the issue of domestic violence because it's a complicated matter.
Watch the video above for much more of the interview.
Places to visit for additional domestic violence help:
- The Julian Center
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Network
- Wheeler Mission
- Holy Family Shelter
- Dove Recovery House for Women