ZIONSVILLE — Main Street in Zionsville is gearing up for Al fresco Thursday evenings, the town announced on Wednesday.
Every Thursday evening this summer, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., tables will line the brick street for outdoor dining, while also presenting an opportunity for residents to visit retailers.
The Zionsville Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Zionsville are calling it "Night on the Bricks," and describing it as "a perfect night on the town."
"The idea of this event is to provide a bright spot during a challenging time for local restaurants," Mayor Emily Styron said. "This is a chance for the community to come together socially, let our restaurants spill onto the Brick Street and support our local restaurants and retailers."
During Night on The Bricks, Main Street, from Pine Street to Cedar Street, will be closed to through traffic. Cross streets moving east and west will be open to traffic.
Those taking part in the Thursday night event are asked to bring their own chairs. Tables will be the only furniture pre-set.
A few other tips the town is providing residents are:
• Space is limited: tables are first-come, first-serve.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes.
• Use the public restrooms and handwashing stations instead of those inside the restaurants.
• Plan ahead and order carryout from restaurants in advance.
• When possible, walk or bike to Main Street as parking will be limited.
The Al fresco event will last nine weeks, through the end of July.