INDIANAPOLIS -- NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon will drive the 2017 Pace Car at the 24th annual Brickyard 400 in July.
Gordon will drive a 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 July 23 at the start of the race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The car will feature:
• LT4 6.2L direct-injected, supercharged V-8
• All-new 10-speed automatic transmission
• Magnetic Ride Control
• Electronic limited-slip differential
• 20-inch forged aluminum wheels
• Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
• Brembo brakes with six-piston front calipers and two-piece rotors
• 1.02g max cornering
• 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds
• Performance Data Recorder
The four-time NASCAR Cup Series champ is the only driver to win the Brickyard 400 five times.
Since Gordon’s retirement, he has served as a NASCAR analyst for FOX Sports.
"Jeff Gordon is one of the greatest drivers to ever compete at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and we're honored to welcome him back to pace the 24th annual Brickyard 400," IMS President Doug Boles said. "It's only fitting Jeff will be out front and leading, a place where the fans of this great race are accustomed to seeing him."