INDIANAPOLIS — The day before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest party nights across the country.
Bars and clubs fill up for the unofficial holiday — dubbed, 'Drunksgiving,' 'Drinksgiving,' or 'Blackout Wednesday' — the night before you gather with family to grub on the official holiday.
Indianapolis is a city that is no exception to the busy night before Thanksgiving.
And the substantial line-up of special events around the town proves it:
Here are some events happening at a bar near you:
- Drinksgiving at Borckway Pub in Carmel: You can view more info about the event here.
- Drinksgiving: Pulled pork tacos, and drink specials at Garfield Brewery in Indianapolis. You can learn more about the specials here.
- Drinksgiving 2019: Let's get basted: Drink specials and more at 1205 Distillery in Indianapolis. You can learn more about the event here.
- Pre-Feather Get Together: Live music from Sam King and drink specials starting at 6 p.m. at Drake's Keystone in Indianapolis. You can learn more information about the event here.
- Thanksgiving Eve at the Jazz Kitchen: Starting at 6:30 p.m. you can enjoy some jazz and Brazilian classic. Tickets are $15. Learn more here.
- Hangover Helper at The Casba: This hip-hop and reggae club in Broad Ripple has a line-up of DJs and drink specials for party-goers. Learn more, here.
Indiana State Police want to remind Hoosiers that they will be conducting extra patrols across the state this holiday season, as well.
In Indiana last year, the Thanksgiving holiday period — from Nov. 21-24 — amassed more than 2,100 vehicle crashes across the state. Of those crashes, 267 involved personal injuries and seven involved fatalities.