Apples sold in Indiana and other states are under a recall notice after it was found that they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Jack Brown Produce is recalling its Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious apples that were processed and shipped through Nyblad Orchards, Inc., on Dec. 11-16.
Listeria monocytogenes can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The following apples are under the recall notice:
- Honeycrisp apples in two-pound clear plastic bags
- Gala, Fuji, and Golden Delicious apples in 3-pound clear plastic bags
- Fuji and Gala apples in 5-pound red-netted mesh bags
- Gala, Fuji and Honeycrisp apples that were tray-packed/individually sold
The potentially-affected product can be identified by the following lot numbers printed on the bag label and/or bag-closure clip:
- Fuji: NOI 163, 165, 167, 169, 174
- Honeycrisp: NOI 159, 160, 173
- Golden Delicious: NOI 168
- Gala: NOI 164, 166 on either the product labels and/or bag-closure clip.
Anybody with any questions about the recall should call the company at 616-887-9568.
MORE TOP STORIES | Three paws ripped off Anderson family dog; police search for person responsible | Plainfield police captain on leave after 'white male privilege' comment at training session | Kokomo toddler dies after being suffocated by folded rear SUV seat | Former Purdue basketball player killed in chain-reaction crash on I-65 involving 3 semis, car |HOME TOUR: This amazing Bloomington lake house will blow your mind
Top Trending Videos