INDIANAPOLIS -- An anonymous tip to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Chief Bryan Roach led to the arrest of 12 suspects on the city's near east side.
Roach received the tip about drugs while in the community. He passed it on to IMPD Narcotics detectives.
Friday night, officers served search warrants in the 2900 block of E. 10th Street and in the 600 block of N. Oxford Street. The 10th Street spot is also known as "The Candy Store." Police have received several complaints about the spot in the past.
Police seized the following items from "The Candy Store:"
- 5 firearms (1 Stolen)
- Drug Paraphernalia
- $4,352 in Cash
The following people were arrested at "The Candy Store:"
- Nigel Williams, 19: Dealing narcotics, possession of narcotics x2, maintaining a common nuisance, unrelated warrant
- William Humbert, 20: Possession of marijuana
- Chenita Gray, 31: Possession of paraphernalia, visiting a common nuisance
- Lamarcus Isom, 41: Possession of marijuana, visiting a common nuisance, unrelated warrant
- Johnnie Slaughter, 43: Outstanding warrant
- Harry English, 44: Outstanding warrant
- Amise Macintosh, 21: Outstanding warrant
- Monica Smith, 44: Outstanding warrant
- Marcus Williams, 50: Outstanding warrant
- 17-year-old Juvenile male: Outstanding juvenile warrant
The people arrested at the Oxford Street location were:
- Sheila Williams, 52: Possession of paraphernalia, visiting a common nuisance
- Holly Bartlett, 42: Possession of paraphernalia, visiting a common nuisance