HAMILTON COUNTY – Heads up, Hamilton County drivers. Construction in the county could affect your upcoming travel plans.
After the weekend, the closure on 126th Street will change from west to east for the next portion of construction.
Here’s the breakdown of construction changes:
Sunday, July 26 at 7 p.m. through Monday, July 27 at 6 a.m.: Southbound SR 37 from 131st Street to I-69 will be restricted to one lane.
Monday, July 27 from 6 a.m.-9 p.m.: There will be two Northbound and Southbound lanes on SR 37.
Monday, July 27 9 p.m.-Tuesday, July 28 at 6 a.m. Northbound SR 37 from I-69 to 131st Street will be restricted to one lane. Rolling stops may be required throughout this time for pavement markings.
Tuesday, July 28 at 6 a.m. the 126th Street closure will be fully switched from west to east and is anticipated to reopen in November.
• During this time, cross access will be restricted, with only right in and right out.
• Northbound SR 37 traffic will not have access to 126th Street. Traffic on Northbound SR 37 will shift to Southbound lanes and two lanes will remain in each direction.
• Local access to businesses will remain open.
After the full switch is made on Tuesday, July 28, 131st Street at the Nickel Plate Trail crossing will close for approximately one week.
131st Street at Nickel Plate Trail Crossing
Tuesday, July 28-Tuesday, August 4: 131st Street at the Nickel Plate Trail Crossing will be closed for approximately one week. This work will include regrading of the crossing and removing the stop sign. Local access to businesses will remain open.
126th Street and Ford (Windsor) Drive Roundabout/Nickel Plate Trail Crossing
Beginning August 5 after the reopening of 131st Street at the Nickel Plate Trail Crossing, the roundabout and the trail crossing construction will begin.
• 126th Street from the Nickel Plate Trail Crossing to Ford Drive will be closed and is anticipated to reopen in late September.
• During this time, the construction of speed tables at the Nickel Plate Trail crossing and the first phase of the Ford Drive roundabout will be completed.
• During this phase, residents and businesses on and east of Ford/Windsor Drive will be accessible from southbound SR 37 only.