INDIANAPOLIS -- It's the perfect time of year for a bike ride, but if you're not feeling it anymore, maybe it's time to hand the bike off to somebody who needs it.
Bicycle Garage Indy and Fresh Thyme are coming together for a "Shifting Gears" bike donation drive.The bike gets refurbished then given to charitable organizations to those in need.
You can drop off a bike at the Fresh Thyme Market at 4225 E 82nd St. from 3-7 p.m.
Last year, more than 300 people in need received new bikes.
There are two more drop-off events this fall:
- Oct. 17, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 11481 E. 116th St., Fishers, 3-7 p.m.
- Oct. 24, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 8750 US Hwy 31, Indianapolis, 3-7 p.m.
You can also donate during business hours at Bicycle Garage Indy locations:
- 4340 E. 82nd St., Indianapolis
- 997 E. County Line Road, Greenwood
- 242 E. Market St., Indianapolis
For more information on the Shifting Gears drive, click here.