NOBLESVILLE — Starting later this month and into the new year, Noblesville is launching a new holiday event at Federal Hill Commons.
Holidays on the Hill, running from Nov. 21 until Jan. 3, will feature an ice skating rink, walking light tour, carriage rides, holiday market, and visits to Santa in the Christmas Cottage.
“For the past three years the Ice Plaza has become a new holiday tradition in Downtown Noblesville and each year we’ve looked at ways to improve the experience for our residents and guests,” Brandon Bennett, parks director, said in a press release. “Holidays at the Hill is a unique offering we are happy to present to the community to activate our park and truly make it a year-round amenity.”
The ice skating rink will open at 11 a.m. on Nov. 21 and will be open until Jan. 3. The hours for the ice rink are below:
- Nov. 21-Dec. 20: 5-9 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday
- Starting Dec. 21: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Nov. 27: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Dec. 24, 31: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The rink will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas
The ice rink is open to all ages. Prices for the rink are below:
- Ages 13 and older: $13
- Ages 12 and younger: $11
- 10 skates pass: $110
- 5 skates pass: $60
- Skating aids: $3
- Rental skates are included in the admission fee
Reservations are needed in advance for the carriage rides and cost $50. You can learn more and make a reservation here.
Other activities and features of the event include:
- New lighting installations
- Warming shelter
- Celtic Pretzel food truck
- Live music, dance, and choir performances on Nov. 28 and 29, Dec. 4-6
- Winter Market from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Dec. 5
- Ice carving on 1-3 p.m. on Nov. 28
- Alcohol will be sold by Indy Beer Taps on the weekends
The city is following guidelines from the state and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and social distancing measures will remain in place.