INDIANAPOLIS — With the rainy and windy weather in the forecast for Halloween this year, the City of Indianapolis wants to make sure people stay safe.
The latest forecast calls for periods of rain and wind gusts over 30 mph are likely.
On Thursday, trick-or-treat hours are planned for 6-8 p.m. in Indianapolis.
MORE | Latest forecast | Halloween 2019: Central Indiana trick-or-treat times | These are the five central Indiana haunted houses you have to visit this Halloween | All the free and cheap food you can get for Halloween
The Indianapolis Office of Public Health and Safety has provided the following tips for you and your family to stay safe:
- Pay attention to the forecast, dress in layers, and prepare for potential wet and cold weather. If needed, take breaks indoors or attend an indoor event like a trunk-or-treat.
- With strong wind gusts expected, bring things inside like loose outdoor items and Halloween decorations.
- Wear weather resistant clothing, bright colors or reflective tape on your costumes. Have a flashlight in case overcast weather conditions limit visibility.
- Look at your children's treats before they eat them. If you notice anything suspicious, call police at 317-327-3811. If someone is injured, call 911.
- Motorists are expected to slow down and be aware of their surroundings. If there is high and fast-moving water, remember to turn around, don't drown.