INDIANAPOLIS — With more weekend work scheduled for the interstates in Indiana, drivers are encouraged to plan ahead and find different routes if needed.
Indiana Department of Transportation crews are planning to work in five different areas in Indianapolis and will completely close Interstate 70 at the Interstate 465 split.
Both directions of I-70 at the I-465 split will close at 9 p.m. on Friday and is scheduled to reopen by Monday, according to a press release from INDOT. Drivers should use I-465 southbound to Interstate-65 northbound to I-70 eastbound. Those traveling from the Indianapolis International Airport should take I-70 eastbound to I-465 southbound to I-65 northbound to get to downtown Indianapolis.
I-70 is closing for safety and to allow for crews to get more work done in a shorter amount of time, according to the release.
The following lane restrictions will also be put into place:
- The right two lanes of Interstate-69 northbound will be closed from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from 82nd Street to 116th Street
- The right two lanes of I-465 eastbound and southbound will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from Keystone Avenue to White River
- The right three lanes of I-465 eastbound and southbound will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday from Fall Creek to Pendleton Pike
- Two lanes of I-65 in each direction will close at 9 p.m. on Friday until Aug. 24 from I-465 to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street
- One lane in each direction on Interstate-865 is closed until Aug. 30 from I-465 to I-65
The following entrance ramps will also be closed starting 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday:
- Keystone Avenue to I-465 eastbound
- Allisonville Road to I-465 eastbound
- 56th Street to I-465 southbound
- Pendleton Pike to I-465 southbound
Crews will work to repair winter damages and pavement conditions during the closure times.