BARGERSVILLE — Local fire officials are reminding people of fire safety tips for this holiday season.
Bargersville Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Pruitt is sharing several tips to help keep you and your family safe:
- Make sure you water your live Christmas trees
- Be aware of the dangers and risks of burning boxes and wrapping paper in your fireplace
- If you have candles lit, make sure you don't leave them unattended
- Space heaters should be at least 3 feet away from anything combustible and don't leave them on overnight
- Test your smoke alarms now to make sure one is working on every floor of your house
- Don't overload electrical outlets and make sure to unplug lights when you go to bed
- Don't get distracted when in the kitchen
Learn more about these tips by watching the video in the player above.