INDIANAPOLIS -- With 44 Marsh stores on the chopping block, 26 of them were purchased in a bankruptcy auction.
In early May, Marsh officials filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and said the remaining 44 locations could close if the company did not find a buyer.
In the last several months, many stores closed around central Indiana, which the company said was due to poor performance and increased competition.
The auction was for bidders who were considered qualified to operate assets of the company.
A spokesperson for Marsh said liquidation sales at the Marsh stores not being purchased will begin Thursday and last until inventory is gone, likely early July.
Click in the map below to search through each store that's being saved. If your Marsh isn't on this list, it's closing.
To see a map of stores that will close, click here.
Here's a list of the stores that will be bought in case that map doesn't work:
- 1825 Kinser Pike, Bloomington
- 843 E. Main St., Brownsburg
- 10679 N. Michigan Road, Zionsville
- 5 Boone Village, Zionsville
- 2904 S. State Road 135, Greenwood
- 123 S. Kingston Drive, Bloomington
- 1500 W. McGalliard, Muncie
- 1435 W. 86th St., Indianapolis
- 715 S. Tillotson, Muncie
- 227 W. Michigan St., Indianapolis
- 12520 E. 116th St. Fishers
- 5802 W. U.S. 52, New Palestine
- 1013 Forest Ave., Marion
- 1107 S. Shannon, Van Wert, Ohio
- 11625 Fox Road, Indianapolis
- 3075 E. 25th St., Columbus
- 621 N. University Blvd., Middletown, Ohio
- 982 N. Market, Troy, Ohio
- 1711 N. Walnut, Hartford City
- 223 Aukerman, Eaton, Ohio
- 1515 S. State Road 37 Elwood
- 899 E. Jefferson, Tipton
- 3015 W. U.S. 36, Pendleton
- 320 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis
- 501 National Road W., Richmond
- 736 W. Main St., Greensburg
RELATED | Marsh files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy | Marsh Supermarkets could close all locations if no buyer is found | Marsh to close longtime Indianapolis store at the end of January | Marsh is closing another Indianapolis store at the end of February | Marsh to close two more Indy stores by mid-April; that makes four in 2017 | Greenfield, Indy Marsh stores closing in May | Marsh employees upset about lost jobs, insurance benefits