LAWRENCE — The MSD of Lawrence Township and the Lawrence Education Association have reached a tentative agreement for the 2019-2020 school year.
In a press release from MSD of Lawrence Township Schools, the following highlights are apart of the agreement:
- 3 percent base raise for all teachers
- Up to an additional $2,000 to equalization of salary gaps between those hired internally and externally, which could result in up to a 6.9 percent raise.
- A .5 percent increase to 401(a) contribution match. An additional .25 percent increase is contingent on 50 or more newly enrolled students in the February 2020 ADM count
- A beginning teacher salary of $43,000
- Increasing the extracurricular account fund to approximately $85,000
- No increase on insurance premiums in 2020
The highlights listed above is a district investment of about $2.3 million, according to the press release.
On Nov. 11, the board of education will vote on the agreement.