INDIANAPOLIS -- Beer for the Indianapolis 500 is so 2016. This year, make special Indianapolis 500-themed drinks for your friends and family while you watch or listen to the race.
These two drink recipes come from Indianapolis steakhouse Ocean Prime.
- 1 and 1/2oz Fuzzy's Vodka
- 3/4oz Drambuie
- 1oz Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1oz Cream
- 3 muddled mint leaves
- Shaken in Boston Shaker and strained into Mini Milk Jug, Garnished with a mint sprig
- 1/2oz Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2oz Aperol
- 3 muddled Basil Leaves
- Shaken and Poured into Champagne Flute
- 4oz Piper Sonoma Sparkling Brut
- Garnished with Grapefruit Peel.
MORE INDY 500 COVERAGE | Vice President Mike Pence to attend this year's Indianapolis 500 | Scott Dixon wins pole for 101st Indianapolis 500 with fastest time since 1996 |IndyCar drivers Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti robbed at Indy Taco Bell | As vehicle-ramming attacks become more common, IMS taking precautions for the Indianapolis 500 |LINEUP: The full lineup for the 2017 Indianapolis 500