INDIANAPOLIS — The 500 Festival events, delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic, have been rescheduled.
The events were moved to August, to better match the new date of the Indianapolis 500.
The 500 Festival’s new schedule is as follows:
- 500 Festival Kickoff to May, presented by STAR Bank: Friday, August 7, 2020
- Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day and Rookie Run: Saturday, August 8, 2020
- 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. – Saturday, August 15, 2020
- 500 Festival Volunteer Appreciation Day – Saturday, August 15, 2020
- 500 Festival Memorial Service, presented by Rolls-Royce – Friday, August 21, 2020
- 500 Festival Off the Grid, presented by KeyBank – Friday, August 21, 2020
- IPL 500 Festival Parade – Saturday, August 22, 2020
Tickets already bought for the original 500 Festival dates will still be honored.
“We recognize the difficulty in scheduling public events during this ever-changing environment. At this time, we are putting together an intended schedule of events with the understanding that there is much to transpire between now and August. We will continue to follow the guidance and direction of health officials to ensure the appropriate environment for our participants, volunteers and staff,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO of the 500 Festival. “We’re also working on new ways for everyone to experience our events and programs virtually and find new ways to relish in our cherished May traditions without compromising public health. This is a challenging time for everyone, but we’re all #INthistogether.”