INDIANAPOLIS — Beginning Friday, July 29, Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will pause accepting new applications for the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) Program.
IHCDA says it estimates nearly all federal emergency rental assistance funds that are still available will soon be fully obligated.
"Applications currently in queue, and those that IHCDA anticipates receiving prior to the deadline, will likely fully obligate the remaining funds," the authority wrote in a news release. "IHCDA will also continue to process applications currently in queue and reserve available funds until funds are fully obligated."
So far, $365 million has been paid and obligated to more than 29,000 households.
IHCDA says it will continue to issue payments to those households already approved for an IERA benefit up to the maximum allowable benefit of 18 months.
After the portal is closed, Hoosiers can sign up to receive online updates if the Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance Portal re-opens.
-
NASCAR legend Kyle Busch dies at 41
On behalf of the Busch family, everyone at Richard Childress Racing and all of NASCAR, we are devastated to announce the sudden and tragic passing of Kyle Busch.
Storms return on Friday, some rain possible for Memorial Day weekend
After a near-perfect Thursday, more active weather is on the way for the back half of Friday. Partly cloudy skies turn mostly cloudy. Low temperatures in the low to mid-50s.
IMPD: Delivery driver shot during 'possible carjacking' on Indy's north side
A delivery driver was reported to be in stable condition after he was shot during what police said was an attempted carjacking.
Caio Collet & Jack Harvey react to having Indy 500 starting positions moved back
Drivers Caio Collet and Jack Harvey received post-qualifying penalties. Both drivers' starting positions are moved to the back of the field.